A great interview with Rob Rix highlighted a bunch of useful development tips:
- Surround yourself with people smarter than you. (Online friendships do count.)
- Surround yourself with people who ship good work.
- Never let the perfect be the enemy of the good. Or, otherwise put, make it work, then make it shine.
- Know your tools inside and out.
- Read the documentation. Write documentation for your own work.
- Don’t couple your code to your specific use cases, but don’t generalize it too early, either.
- Complex, successful things are made of lots and lots of simple things.
- Don’t be afraid to use other people’s work, but do be cautious about introducing dependencies
- and more
This interview was part of the campaign for App Camp for Girls.